WLB Solar Bollard Light Series
Architectural Solar Illuminated Way-finding Bollard
Why Choose the WLB
The self-contained, simple, louvered design of the WLB series combined with high quality construction and unequaled solar powered performance make this bollard an excellent choice when vertical illumination is required. The WLB series produces omni-directional, low glare light making it perfect for way-finding and space delineation applications.
Like all of First Light’s solar lights, the WLB incorporates our Solar Lighting Controller (SLC) which allows each light to be “self-learning and predictively adapt to their surroundings to provide a level of lighting performance and reliability unavailable in other solar lighting products.
- Pedestrian pathways
- Multi-use trails
- Traffic circles
- Appealing daytime appearance
- No electrical wire install costs
- No ongoing carbon emissions
- Immune from power outages
- No ongoing electrical costs
- No regular maintenance
- 8 inch (20.4 cm) top diameter
- 6 inch (15.2 cm) post diameter
- WLB 101: 14 inches (35.3 cm)
- WLB 102: 34 inches (86.8 cm)
Marine-grade, low copper cast aluminium
Super-durable TGIC powder coat
Aluminium mounting plate on concrete footer or ground screw.
100,000 hour L70 lifetime LED
81 – 121
Omni-directional light output with low glare and frosted lens
- High impact, UV resistant encapsulation
- High-efficiency monocrystalline cells
- Used for day/night detection (no photocell required)
- Fully integrated into bollard housing
- High-performance lithium (LiFePO4)
- Exceptional 8 – 10 year life cycle
- High temperature tolerance
- Designed for easy battery changes when required
- Contained within bollard post
Solar Lighting Controller
- High-efficiency Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) charge controller
- Microcontroller-based technology
- Includes high-efficiency LED driver
- Automatically manages lighting performance based on environmental conditions and lighting requirements
- Integrated into bollard housing
The profile that you choose will control the light performance of your light. The default for the WLB is profile 04.
On at dusk > Off at dawn
On at dusk > Off after 6 hours
On at dusk > dim to 30% after 6 hours > Off at dawn
On at dusk > Off after 5 hours > On 1 hour before dawn> Off at dawn
On at dusk > Dim to 30% after 5 hours > Brighten to 100% 1 hour before dawn > Off at dawn
WLB Solar Bollards In Action
Helping with way-finding and space delineation across North America and Around the World
A new traffic circle in El Paso, Texas needed a lighting solution to be installed fast.Read More
Military academy in Colorado illuminates traffic circle with WLB bollards.Read More
The Atlantis Paradise Island resort in the Bahamas is world-renown for white sand beaches and turquoise waters. It also features extensive waterscapes including salt and fresh water lagoons, pools, marine habitats, water slides and river rides. But while the area is beautiful for people, the conditions at the resort actually make outdoor lighting a challenge. […]Read More
Compare All Our Bollards
Find the one that’s right for you
The PLB solar powered bollard provides effective ground level illumination for pathways and other outdoor pedestrian spaces. Downward light with cut off minimizes light trespass and adaptable technology ensures reliable performance regardless of variability in local conditions.
The robust, self-contained design combined with lithium batteries that have an 8 – 10 year life expectancy minimizes maintenance needs.
- 200 – 300 lumen output
- self-contained contemporary style
- low install cost
The WLB architectural solar illuminated bollard is ideal for way-finding and public space delineation applications. It features a familiar louvred design and is made of cast, low copper aluminum making it extremely durable and vandal resistant.
To ensure performance regardless of local conditions, the WLB incorporates First Light’s adaptable technology.
- 107 lumen output
- self-contained louvred style
- low install cost
The PLB-AC high-efficiency LED bollard is the wired version of our best selling PLB solar bollard. Ideal where wired power is already available or where site conditions don’t allow for a solar powered bollard, the PLB-AC is the most energy efficient bollard available on the market.
The PLB-AC incorporates the design, low copper aluminium housing and TGIC powder coat that makes it robust and vandal resistant.
- 950 lumen output
- contemporary style
- ultra low power consumption
Some additional resources you may find helpful.
Have questions? Want a quote? Need a lighting layout? Send us a message and let us know.