PLB Solar Bollard Light Series
Architectural Solar Illuminated Bollards
Why Choose the PLB
The self-contained, contemporary design of the PLB series bollard combines with high quality construction and unequaled solar powered performance to make it an excellent fit wherever quality lighting is required.
The PLB series incorporates First Light’s Solar Lighting Controller (SLC) that allows the light to predictively adapt to its surroundings, providing an unmatched level of lighting performance and reliability. This bollard is ideal for a variety of architectural and commercial pathway applications.
- Pedestrian pathway
- Multi-use trails
- Municipal parks
- Space delineation
- Excellent lighting uniformity for ground illumination
- Minimal visual clutter with great daytime appearance
- No electrical design or wire install costs
- No ongoing carbon emission
- No regular maintenance
- Immune from power outages
- No ongoing electrical costs
- Unmatched system efficacy
- 10 inch (24.7 cm) top diameter
- 6 inch (15.2cm) post diameter
- 101: 14 inches (36.7 cm)
- 102: 35 inches (88.9 cm)
Cast, marine-grade, corrosion resistant aluminum housing
Super-durable TGIC powder coat
Cast aluminium mounting plate on concrete footer or ground screw.
Greater than 100,000 hour L70 lifetime LED
- High impact, UV resistant encapsulation
- High-efficiency mono-crystalline cells
- Integrated into bollard housing
- Used for day/night detection (no photocell required)
- High-performance lithium (LiFePO4)
- Exceptional 10+ year lifecycle
- High temperature tolerance
- Easy battery changes
- Contained within bollard post
- Plug-and-play, sealed connector
Solar Lighting Controller
- High-efficiency Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) charge controller
- Microcontroller-based technology
- Includes high-efficiency LED driver
- Automatically manages lighting performance based on environmental conditions and lighting requirements
- Integrated into bollard housing
The optical system efficiently focuses the light where it is needed. For the PLB, we offer two standard lighting distributions to optimize performance for applications from multi-use trails to docks.
Both distributions are full cutoff, meaning they are compliant with Dark Sky requirements.
Duration Based Lighting Profiles
The profile that you choose will control the timing and performance of your light through the night. The default for the PLB is profile 04.
On at dusk > Off at dawn
On at dusk > Dim to 30% after 5 hours > Brighten to 100% 1 hour before dawn > Off at dawn
On at dusk > Dim to 30% after 3 hours > Brighten to 100% 1 hour before dawn > Off at dawn
On at dusk > Off or dim at time 0000 > Off at dawn (if applicable)
- T = Real-Time Based Lighting Profile
- X = D (dim) or O (off)
- 0000 = Choose any time between 1800 and 0600. Examples 2230 = 10:30 pm, 0000 = midnight, 0100 = 1:00 am
Watch how easy our solar bollards are to install
Or check out our YouTube channel by clicking here
PLB Solar Bollards In Action
Lighting Parks, Pathways and More Across North America and Around the World
Nestled between two mountain preserves with breathtaking views, the development by Pulte Homes includes extensive outdoor amenities.Read More
Whether it’s floods or bat-wielding vandals, our outdoor solar bollards are the toughest in the industry. How do we know?Read More
If your community wants to shed new light on dark outdoor areas, replace broken lights or simply create more active and safeRead More
For HOA lighting, solar offers an opportunity to cost-effectively make communities safer and more accessible.Read More
The PLB series has been elevated to a level of lighting performance that few wired bollards and no solar bollards can matchRead More
With shorter days (and longer nights), December tests the limits of solar lights.Read More
A long neglected public right of way in San Francisco got a makeover.Read More
Intel needed to light a pathway to an employee parking lotRead More
University campus decided to harness their access to ample sunlight.Read More
A beach access in Florida needed to balance the safety of both people and baby turtles.Read More
Compare All Our Bollards
Find the one that’s right for you
The PLB solar powered bollard provides effective ground level illumination for pathways and other outdoor pedestrian spaces. Downward light with cut off minimizes light trespass and adaptable technology ensures reliable performance regardless of variability in local conditions.
The robust, self-contained design combined with lithium batteries that have a 10+ year life expectancy minimizes maintenance needs.
- 300 lumen output
- self-contained contemporary style
- low install cost
The WLB architectural solar illuminated bollard is ideal for way-finding and public space delineation applications. It features a familiar louvred design and is made of cast, low copper aluminum making it extremely durable and vandal resistant.
To ensure performance regardless of local conditions, the WLB incorporates First Light’s adaptable technology.
- 120 lumen output
- self-contained louvred style
- low install cost
The PLB-AC high-efficiency LED bollard is the wired version of our best selling PLB solar bollard. Ideal where wired power is already available or where site conditions don’t allow for a solar powered bollard, the PLB-AC is the most energy efficient bollard available on the market.
The PLB-AC incorporates the design, low copper aluminium housing and TGIC powder coat that makes it robust and vandal resistant.
- 1200 lumen output
- contemporary style
- ultra low power consumption
Some additional resources you may find helpful.
Find out how much solar lighting can save you
Get a free, no obligation consultation for your project.