PLB Solar Bollard Light Series
Architectural Solar Illuminated Bollards
Why Choose the PLB
The self-contained, contemporary design of the PLB series bollard combines with high quality construction and unequaled solar powered performance to make it an excellent fit wherever quality lighting is required.
Our all-time best selling product, the PLB series also incorporates First Light’s Solar Lighting Controller (SLC) that allows the light to predictively adapt to its surroundings, providing a level of lighting performance and reliability unmatched in other solar products. This bollard is ideal for a variety of architectural and commercial pathway applications.
- Pedestrian pathway
- Multi-use trails
- Municipal parks
- Space delineation
- Minimal visual clutter with great daytime appearance
- No electrical wire install costs
- No ongoing carbon emission
- No regular maintenance
- Immune from power outages
- No ongoing electrical costs
- 10 inch (24.7 cm) top diameter
- 6 inch (15.2cm) post diameter
- 101: 14 inches (36.7 cm)
- 102: 36 inches (88.1 cm)
Marine-grade, low copper cast aluminium
Super-durable TGIC powder coat
Aluminium mounting plate on concrete footer or ground screw.
100,000 hour L70 lifetime LED
220 – 300
- High-efficiency monocrystalline cells
- Used for day/night detection (no photocell required)
- Fully integrated into bollard housing
- High impact, UV resistant encapsulation
- High-performance lithium (LiFePO4)
- Exceptional 8 – 10 year lifespan
- High temperature tolerance
- Designed for easy battery change when needed
- Contained within bollard post
Solar Lighting Controller
- High-efficiency Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) charge controller
- Microcontroller-based technology
- Includes high-efficiency LED driver
- Automatically manages lighting performance based on environmental conditions and lighting requirements
- Integrated into bollard housing
The optical system efficiently focuses the light where it is needed. For the PLB, we offer two standard lighting distributions to optimize performance for applications from multi-use trails to docks.
All of our lighting distributions are full cutoff, meaning that they are complaint with dark sky requirements. Measurements are in footcandles.
The profile that you choose will control the timing and performance of your light through the night. The default for the PLB is profile 04.
On at dusk > Off at dawn
On at dusk > Off after 6 hours
On at dusk > dim to 30% after 6 hours > Off at dawn
On at dusk > Off after 5 hours > On 1 hour before dawn> Off at dawn
On at dusk > Dim to 30% after 5 hours > Brighten to 100% 1 hour before dawn > Off at dawn
PLB Solar Bollards In Action
Lighting Parks, Pathways and More Across North America and Around the World
With shorter days (and longer nights), December tests the limits of solar lights.Read More
A long neglected public right of way in San Francisco got a makeover.Read More
Intel needed to light a pathway to an employee parking lotRead More
University campus decided to harness their access to ample sunlight.Read More
A beach access in Florida needed to balance the safety of both people and baby turtles.Read More
Compare All Our Bollards
Find the one that’s right for you
The PLB solar powered bollard provides effective ground level illumination for pathways and other outdoor pedestrian spaces. Downward light with cut off minimizes light trespass and adaptable technology ensures reliable performance regardless of variability in local conditions.
The robust, self-contained design combined with lithium batteries that have an 8 – 10 year life expectancy minimizes maintenance needs.
- 200 – 300 lumen output
- self-contained contemporary style
- low install cost
The WLB architectural solar illuminated bollard is ideal for way-finding and public space delineation applications. It features a familiar louvred design and is made of cast, low copper aluminum making it extremely durable and vandal resistant.
To ensure performance regardless of local conditions, the WLB incorporates First Light’s adaptable technology.
- 107 lumen output
- self-contained louvred style
- low install cost
The PLB-AC high-efficiency LED bollard is the wired version of our best selling PLB solar bollard. Ideal where wired power is already available or where site conditions don’t allow for a solar powered bollard, the PLB-AC is the most energy efficient bollard available on the market.
The PLB-AC incorporates the design, low copper aluminium housing and TGIC powder coat that makes it robust and vandal resistant.
- 950 lumen output
- contemporary style
- ultra low power consumption
Some additional resources you may find helpful.
Have questions? Want a quote? Need a lighting layout? Send us a message and let us know.