The township of Logan, New Jersey wanted to add evening pathway lighting to increase the usability and safety of a popular park. But the park had never been provisioned for lighting and the project faced high costs with traditional solutions.
After evaluating options, the engineering consultant on the project found a cost-effective and innovative solution – the IPL series of solar powered luminaries. The 46 solar powered fixtures eliminated the $63,000 cost of trenching for electrical wires while the luminaires themselves added security while complementing the overall aesthetic of the park.
The Pathway Lighting Project Benefits Include:
- Increased evening park usage and improved security with all night, every night lighting
- No trenching and wiring saved over $63,000 and minimized remediation
- Energy savings since installation: 126,000 kWh electricity
- Environmental benefit: 93.8 metric tonnes of CO2 avoided (source EPA Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator)
- Equivalent removing 20 cars from the road per year
- Full cutoff lighting reduces light trespass on adjacent properties
- No vandalism or theft due to the self contained design which smartly integrates all components into a simple luminaire
This is a great example of pathway lighting projects happening throughout the country with municipalities, HOAs and commercial projects and shows how we provide the simplest, most cost effective outdoor lighting solutions with our solar powered luminaires.