First Light Technologies is a fast-growing, award-winning designer and manufacturer of solar-powered outdoor lighting products.
We work with customers globally to make the world a better place by changing how the world does outdoor lighting – easier, more resilient, and less environmentally impactful. Last year alone, our lights avoided the emissions equivalent to driving over 30 million kilometers in a car.
Recent Awards and Accolades:
- Recent recipients of multiple LIT Product Design Awards for the BFL and PLB Series.
- Included on the Globe & Mail list of Top Growing Companies since its inception.
- Five straight years on the Growth 500 list of the fastest-growing companies in Canada.
- Six consecutive years on the Ready to Rocket Cleantech List.
If this sounds like something you’d want to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Victoria, B.C.
We are looking for a self-directed, driven, experienced Controller to join our team. The Controller will report to the Chief Executive Officer and oversee the finance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for budget management, financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in an independent atmosphere.
- Reporting to the CEO
- Prepare, manage and review budgets, forecasts, and operating results
- Prepare month-end accounting entries
- Prepare monthly and yearly financial forecasts and perform variance analysis
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process regarding the budget
- Continually review and recommend improvements and efficiencies to current accounting practices
- Identify significant financial risks and develop strategies to address them
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Monitor and manage all accounts payables promptly
- Analyze spending trends and manage cash flow
- Working with our auditors on year-end activities, including tax returns
- Implementation of financial and tax strategies
- Management of outsourced finance functions (payroll, banking, benefits, RRSP, etc.).
- Oversee all accounting members and their responsibilities including general ledger, AR, month-end, and year-end reconciliations
- Develop and monitor internal financial control systems
- Maintain suitable insurance coverage
- Maintain relationships with banking representatives
- Demonstrate the desire to join a dynamic, hard-working team and take an active role in the success of a growing organization.
- Take on additional duties as required
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- CPA, CMA, or CGA designation
- Experience with Sage
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Proficient knowledge of Google Suite (an asset)
- Excellent teamwork and ability to work well with various levels of staff and management.
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines despite unexpected setbacks, obstacles, or time constraints
- Posses a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Ideally, based within commuting distance of Victoria, BC
- Must be creative; enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is results-driven and growth-oriented
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com
We want to thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.