First Light Technologies is a fast-growing, award-winning designer and manufacturer of solar-powered outdoor lighting products.
We work with customers globally to make the world a better place by changing how the world does outdoor lighting – easier, more resilient, and less environmentally impactful. Last year alone, our lights avoided the emissions equivalent to driving over 30 million kilometers in a car.
Recent Awards and Accolades:
- Recent recipients of multiple LIT Product Design Awards for the BFL and PLB Series.
- Included on the Globe & Mail list of Top Growing Companies since its inception.
- Five straight years on the Growth 500 list of the fastest-growing companies in Canada.
- Six consecutive years on the Ready to Rocket Cleantech List.
If this sounds like something you’d want to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a resume and cover letter to HR@firstlighttechnologies.com
Location: Victoria, B.C.
The Sales Manager is responsible for managing the day to day and long term performance of the sales team.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, experienced and have a track record of proven B2B sales experience with technical products. Working with FLTs leadership team, you will put your broad skills into action to scale our sales capabilities. This is a full-time, on-site, position located in Victoria, BC.
- Lead the sales department to achieve and exceed targets
- Work closely with Key account management and marketing to enable sustainable lead and opportunity generation
- Support the growth and nurturing of a strong pipeline of opportunities
- Manage and achieve the team’s quarterly and annual sales targets
- Develop and close deals individually and with the sales team
- Support the hiring and growth of the team’s consultative selling capabilities, operational disciplines, and structure
- Develop, measure, monitor, and communicate operational KPIs for communication to senior management
- Participates in the development & execution of the Company’s strategic plans
- Foster a continuous improvement culture and make recommendations on changes to team structure, process, and software
Requirements and Skills
- 5+ years’ experience in selling technical products in a B2B market
- 5+ years of sales management experience, including hiring and performance management.
- Experience with channel sales into municipal, commercial, or architectural product markets is an asset
- Creative and commercially astute and able to eliminate sales obstacles and objections
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to manage and exceed clients’ expectations during the sales process
- Organized and analytical
- Openness and aptitude for learning new skills and tools
- Great teammate attitude and hold themselves accountable for delivering great results
- Motivated to close deals and hit goals in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to: HR@firstlighttechnologies.com
We want to thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.