First Light Technologies is a fast-growing, award-winning designer and manufacturer of solar-powered outdoor lighting products.
We work with customers globally to make the world a better place by changing how the world does outdoor lighting – easier, more resilient, and less environmentally impactful. Last year alone, our lights avoided the emissions equivalent to driving over 30 million kilometers in a car.
Recent Awards and Accolades:
- Recent recipients of multiple LIT Product Design Awards for the BFL and PLB Series.
- Included on the Globe & Mail list of Top Growing Companies since its inception.
- Five straight years on the Growth 500 list of the fastest-growing companies in Canada.
- Six consecutive years on the Ready to Rocket Cleantech List.
If this sounds like something you’d want to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a resume and cover letter to HR@firstlighttechnologies.com
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Reporting to the Development Manager, you will develop new products from the conceptual phase to manufacturing. Our products comprise structural and aesthetic elements, so an eye for industrial design would be an asset. You will also refine our existing products to improve both performance and manufacturability.
- Developing the mechanical architecture and detailed designs of new lighting products;
- Creating and revising designs of mechanical parts using Solidworks;
- Performing simulations to optimize the structure of our products;
- Creating and revising engineering drawings using Solidworks;
- Specifying and integrating LEDs and optics into products;
- Using lighting layout software to optimize product design;
- Developing & executing product test plans;
- Conducting tests of mechanical, optical, and electrical components and assemblies;
- Other duties, as required.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Three to five years of product design experience;
- Proven skills in creating parts and drawings in Solidworks;
- Experience using Solidworks Simulation software;
- Experience developing and executing product tests;
- Solid working knowledge of physics and engineering principles;
- Solid understanding of material science;
- Solid understanding of design for manufacturability principles;
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and creative abilities;
- Hands-on skills with basic shop tools;
- Understanding of basic electronics.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to: HR@firstlighttechnologies.com
We want to thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.