Manufacturing Assembler / Technician
First Light Technologies is a fast-growing, award-winning designer and manufacturer of solar-powered outdoor lighting products.
We work with customers globally to make the world a better place by changing how the world does outdoor lighting – easier, more resilient, and less environmentally impactful. Last year alone, our lights avoided the emissions equivalent to driving over 30 million kilometers in a car.
Recent Awards and Accolades:
- Recent recipients of multiple LIT Product Design Awards for the BFL and PLB Series.
- Included on the Globe & Mail list of Top Growing Companies since its inception.
- Five straight years on the Growth 500 list of the fastest-growing companies in Canada.
- Six consecutive years on the Ready to Rocket Cleantech List.
If this sounds like something you’d want to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a resume and cover letter to HR@firstlighttechnologies.com
Location: Victoria, B.C.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our production team. You’ll be responsible for assembling the world’s smartest and best performing solar lighting products. The position requires excellent attention to detail, a good work ethic, high energy and a positive attitude.
- Accurately and efficiently assemble, test, and package products according to assembly instructions
- Meet daily production goals
- Assist in part kitting
- Building sub-assemblies
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts
- Maintain safe and clean work environment adhering to procedures, rules, and regulations
- Participate in yearly inventory count
Requirements and Skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong desire to meet daily production targets
- 2+ years’ experience in a production, electromechanical assembly environment.
- Experience with pneumatic, electric, and manual hand tools
- Organized, dependable & reliable
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient computer skills
- Lean, six sigma knowledge
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to: HR@firstlighttechnologies.com
We want to thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.