First Light Technologies is a fast-growing, award-winning designer and manufacturer of solar-powered outdoor lighting products.
We work with customers globally to make the world a better place by changing how the world does outdoor lighting – easier, more resilient, and less environmentally impactful. Last year alone, our lights avoided the emissions equivalent to driving over 30 million kilometers in a car.
Recent Awards and Accolades:
- Recent recipients of multiple LIT Product Design Awards for the BFL and PLB Series.
- Included on the Globe & Mail list of Top Growing Companies since its inception.
- Five straight years on the Growth 500 list of the fastest-growing companies in Canada.
- Six consecutive years on the Ready to Rocket Cleantech List.
If this sounds like something you’d want to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a resume and cover letter to HR@firstlighttechnologies.com
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Salary: $60,000 – $65,000
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team to support the activities in our finance department. The Accounting Clerk plays a crucial role in supporting the financial operations of an organization by performing various clerical and administrative tasks within the accounting department. The primary responsibility of an Accounting Clerk is to ensure accurate and timely financial record-keeping. This position requires attention to detail, organizational skills, and a solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Provide junior-level accounting and clerical support to the Accounting Manager.
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records.
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings, and statements.
- Reconcile accounts promptly.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Receivable.
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in the database.
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel.
- Research, track, and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas.
- Function by established standards, procedures, and applicable laws.
- Constantly update job knowledge.
Requirements and Skills
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Sage50 experience is an nice to have
- Netsuite experience is an asset
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record-keeping tasks.
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
- High school diploma
- Diploma in accounting as an asset
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to: HR@firstlighttechnologies.com
We want to thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.