Do you want a bigger and broader marketing role to grow your career?
Do you want to want to make the world better in the process?
At First Light Technologies (FLT), we sure do. We are looking for an energetic Marketing Manager to join us on our mission of unleashing the potential of solar lighting.
FLT is a fast growing, award-winning designer, and manufacturer of solar powered, outdoor lighting products. For the last 5 years we have been included in the Canadian Business Growth 500 list of Canada’s fastest growing companies and are on track for continued expansive growth in 2020 and beyond. From our Victoria B.C. location, we work globally with a focus on building safer, more usable communities through solar outdoor lighting. To learn more about FLT, check out this recent article in Douglas Magazine.
Location: Victoria, B.C.
The Marketing Manager will draw on their substantial product marketing experience to build and oversee all aspects of strategic brand marketing. This will include marketing plan development, content creation, social media, advertising, website, PR, and sales support programs. The successful candidate must be a well-organized, detail-oriented self-starter who is able to work autonomously within a dynamic environment. This is a full-time role based in Victoria, BC.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop quarterly and annual strategic plans to support business goals across all communications channels, including paid media, strategic partnerships, CRM, product design & branding, and digital
- Develop and implement segmented marketing plans including documentation of personas, drip/nurture campaigns, advertising, promotional calendars, and partner management
- Partner with cross-functional departments to lead performance marketing plan, including business planning, vendor management, budget optimization, content strategy and development as well as analytics and optimization
- Oversee marketing and communications annual budget, providing ongoing tracking and optimization
- Lead the company’s communication and PR department, establishing cohesive messaging plans across all media channels
- Oversee and lead analytics and insights; optimizing sales and marketing initiatives and identifying gaps in market to uncover proactive opportunities
- Proactively lead creative and proactive solutions to evolve organizational thinking in a constantly evolving business
- Maintain internal voice as lead for shifts in market and consumer trends; keeping business updated with market shifts, consumer trends, competition, customer service issues, and e-commerce technology and dynamics
Qualifications & Requirements:
- University/college degree in marketing, communications, and/or business
- A minimum of eight (8) years marketing experience
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
- Cross-functional project management skills, self-starter and accustomed to leading projects with little supervision
- Ability and desire to work at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Track record of budget management and optimization
- Solid B2B sales and marketing track-record
- Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience in understanding consumers and strategic planning
- Experience working in a customer-focused environment and demonstrated ability to create systems and procedures to accomplish customer satisfaction
- Able to make timely decisions, anticipate problems and provide creative solutions
- The ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
To apply on this exciting opportunity please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com Attention: Sarah Elliot, Recruiter.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.