Manufacturing and Logistics Manager
First Light Technologies is a fast-growing, award-winning designer and manufacturer of solar-powered outdoor lighting products.
We work with customers globally to make the world a better place by changing how the world does outdoor lighting – easier, more resilient, and less environmentally impactful. Last year alone, our lights avoided the emissions equivalent to driving over 30 million kilometers in a car.
Recent Awards and Accolades:
- Recent recipients of multiple LIT Product Design Awards for the BFL and PLB Series.
- Included on the Globe & Mail list of Top Growing Companies since its inception.
- Five straight years on the Growth 500 list of the fastest-growing companies in Canada.
- Six consecutive years on the Ready to Rocket Cleantech List.
If this sounds like something you’d want to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Victoria, B.C.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the planning and execution of all our manufacturing and logistics activities. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and organized and have a track record of great execution. Working directly with the executive team, you will put your broad skills into action to scale FLT’s operational capabilities as we continue to grow. This is a full-time role based out of our manufacturing facility in Victoria, BC.
- Manage manufacturing and logistics portfolio, including training, scheduling, and performance management.
- Manage, mentor, and develop staff, processes, and projects
- Lead planning, scheduling, procurement, and logistics
- Ensure on-time and on-cost delivery of products
- Manage and control inventory levels of both products and supplies.
- Select and manage vendors to ensure quality, timeliness, and cost-effectiveness
- Develop and document procedures
- Develop, measure, monitor, and communicate operational KPIs for communication to senior management.
- Manage budgets and provide performance reporting as required
- Foster a continuous improvement culture and make recommendations on changes to team structure, process, and equipment
- Any other duties assigned by your leader
Diploma in Manufacturing or a minimum of 5 years of experience in Manufacturing and Supply Chain
Proven in-depth people leadership experience
Experience in data analysis and supplier performance metrics
Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with internal customers and suppliers
Adaptable, and able to work in a constant change and dynamic production environment supporting a mix of products
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com
We want to thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.