Shipper / Receiver
Do you like to get things done? Do you want to join one of the fastest growing companies in Canada that’s pushing the potential of solar lighting? We’re looking for an energetic, detail-oriented Shipper / Receiver to join our Victoria, BC-based team.
First Light Technologies is an award-winning designer and manufacturer of solar powered, outdoor lighting products. We work with customers globally with a focus on building safer, more usable communities through solar outdoor lighting.
For the last 3 years, we’ve been included in the Canadian Business Growth 500 list of Canada’s fastest growing companies and are on track for continued expansion. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you!
All applications can be emailed to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter with your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 3 years
Compensation: $17 – 20 / hour
Location: Victoria, B.C.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team to support the activities of our warehouse in the Shipping/ Receiving department. The position requires excellent attention to detail, a sense of urgency and strong customer service focus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive products from vendors
- Perform physical counts and inspections to confirm deliveries with paperwork
- Prepare and ship orders according to standard shipping practices
- Contact carriers and schedule shipping for outgoing goods
- Enter PO receipts into software
- Ensure efficient product flow from receiving to appropriate locations throughout the warehouse
- Minimum 3 years shipping/receiving/inventory experience
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively with excellent attention to detail
- Organized, dependable, reliable
- Proficient working with online shipping tools and receiving software
- Experience completing international export documentation an asset
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.