Sales Development Representative
First Light Technologies (FLT) is a fast-growing, award-winning designer and manufacturer of solar-powered outdoor lighting products. Since 2016 we’ve been consistently recognized as one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies and are on track for continued expansive growth in 2022 and beyond.
From our Victoria, B.C. offices, we work globally with a focus on making the world better for people by providing better and simpler outdoor lighting.
Do you want to be part of one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada? Are you motivated by crushing goals? Are you stoked to help people by selling amazing solar lighting products? If yes, we want to hear from you!
This is a full-time or part-time position based out of our Victoria, BC office.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
Location: Victoria, B.C.
The successful candidate will have a focus on achieving metric driven goals, be a strong communicator, be naturally curious, and have a passion for interacting with people. As part of the Sales Development team, you are essential to our sales engine. Your #1 priority will be to support sales team initiatives through actively engaging prospects through outbound campaigns, lead generation and lead nurturing. With a growth mindset, you will continuously test and iterate while engaging prospects, putting yourself in our customers’ shoes, and doing what it takes to win.
- Generate leads for Sales Department through prospecting (cold and existing contacts)
- Manage and support all assigned leads through the sales cycle
- Provide an exceptional experience by phone, email, and/or online chat
- Nurture leads through the lead qualification process
- Qualify all inbound leads to determine quality and fit
- Contact customers throughout the sales cycle to ensure they have the information they need for success
- Manage all entries throughout our CRM (Hubspot)
- Meet daily, weekly, and monthly productivity metrics
- Work closely with other members of the team to enhance sales effectiveness and contribute to overall sales development through collaboration
- Maintain an up-to-date and in-depth understanding of the FLT product line, including technical specifications, pricing information, and competitive products.
- Various other duties as required
- Minimum 2+ years sales support or inside sales experience – required
- Proven experience with managing customers’ needs over the phone versus in person
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively with excellent attention to detail
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices is an asset
- Experience with lead generation or prospecting are assets
- The ability to thrive in a sales-driven environment
“Nice to have” Requirements - Preference offered to those that do
- A diploma in commerce, business, marketing, or a relevant technical discipline
- Experience with Hubspot CRM
- Experience with channel sales
- Public speaking and/or presentation skills
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.